You can easily go from EGG to table with this delicious Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta made in our Big Green Egg Cast Iron Skillet.
- 3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tomatillos, chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or rotini pasta
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 4 tbsp chopped cilantro (save more for garnish)
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lime, juiced
- Diced avocado for topping
Set the EGG for direct cooking without the convEGGtor at 350°F/177°C.
Preheat a Big Green Egg Cast Iron Skillet for 5 minutes. Add the olive oil, tomatillos, onions and peppers and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season the chicken with the paprika, salt and pepper; add to the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the uncooked pasta, broth, salsa and cilantro. Cook for 25-30 minutes until the pasta is cooked through and the liquid is reduced; swirl in the cream cheese until melted. Remove from the EGG and stir in the lime juice.
Top with diced avocado and cilantro
Find this recipe and more on Big Green Egg.