The contrast of spicy hot sauce and cool, tangy blue cheese on these crispy chicken sandwiches will make your taste buds tingle.
Recipe courtesy of Nature’s Own Bread. For more information, visit naturesownbread.com.
- 4 Nature’s Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rolls, toasted, divided
- 1⁄3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 7 ounces each)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves1⁄2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
Set EGG for indirect cooking at 400°F/204°C.
Pour 1⁄4 cup hot sauce into small bowl. Place bread crumbs in shallow dish. Cut each chicken breast crosswise in half to make a total of four equal weight portions of about 3 ounces each.
Dip each chicken piece into sauce, then into bread crumbs to coat both sides. Place in greased baking pan. Spray tops of chicken pieces lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Cook on EGG for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine sour cream, celery and cheese in small bowl. Season with salt; set aside. Heat remaining 1⁄4 cup hot sauce until warm.
Place lettuce leaf and chicken piece on each toasted roll bottom. Spread 1 tablespoon hot sauce over chicken; top with dollop of cheese mixture.
Makes 4 servings
Find this recipe and more on Big Green Egg