Recipe courtesy of Billy Parisi in partnership with Cobblestone Bread Co. For more recipes from Billy, visit their blog billyparisi.com. To view original recipe, click here.
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of dry oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of chipotle powder
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- 6 chicken breasts
Combine all of the herbs and spices in a small bowl and generously add and rub into the chicken breasts on all sides and let it marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 48 hours.
Smoke the chicken on the Big Green Egg for 2 hours or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F/74°C. Once it is to temperature, wrap each breast in foil and let stand for 30 minutes before slicing.
Chipotle Mayonnaise Ingredients
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 3 finely minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Kosher salt to taste
Chipotle Mayonnaise Instructions
Whisk together all of the ingredients in a medium size bowl until combined and keep cool before serving.
- 3 thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes
- 1 head of butter leaf lettuce, leaves reserved only
- 2 thinly sliced avocados
- 2 cups of packed kale microgreens
- 24 pieces of crisp cooked bacon
- 1 pound on thinly sliced lean ham
- 12 fried eggs to desired amount of doneness
- 12 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 12 toasted Cobblestone Bread Co.™ Sesame Twist Buns
Spread a small amount of the chipotle mayonnaise onto the top of a toasted sesame bun and set aside.
Next, add a few slices of ham and smoked chicken to the bottom part of a toasted bun along with a slice of each mozzarella and pepper jack and melt under a broiler. Layer on the sliced tomatoes, butter leaf lettuce, crispy bacon, sliced avocado, fried egg, micro greens and the top of the bun with chipotle mayonnaise. Repeat the process 11 more times evenly using up all of the ingredients.
Makes 12 sandwiches