Professional Chimney Cleaning Services — Leesburg, VA
Winters in Leesburg, VA, are cold and damp, and lasts for over three months. Having a fireplace is an amazing comfort and not only improves the temperature, but it also improves the ambiance of your home, making you feel cozy and warm. Keep your chimney functioning and providing clean air with regular chimney cleaning services from Rusty’s Fire Place & Chimney.
Regular chimney sweeping is imperative to keeping your family, pets, and home safe. Some of the most important reasons to have schedule chimney cleaning services with Rusty’s Fire Place & Chimney include:
- Avoiding chimney fires: Of course you want a fire in your fire place, but you don’t want parts of your chimney burning. Wood and coal fires create creosote when they burn, which is a distillation of tar that is both sticky and highly flammable.
- Improve heating efficiency: Keeping your chimney clean will allow for the right amount of oxygen to reach the wood, which keeps it burning more efficiently.
- Keep smoke out of your home: If your chimney is clogged with leaves, dirt, and other items, and creosote has built up on the inside, it makes a smaller path to keep smoke moving in the right direction.
- Avoid carbon monoxide (CO) buildup: This is probably the most important reason to have chimney cleaning services, because carbon monoxide is odorless and invisible, and can be deadly to people. When there is buildup and other blockages in your chimney, carbon monoxide pushes back into your home and can poison your family and pets. Some of the signs of CO poisoning include headache, dizziness, weakness, chest pain, confusion, and vomiting.
Avoid these and other issues in your Leesburg, VA, home with chimney cleaning services from Rusty’s Fire Place & Chimney. Things like carbon monoxide and smoke in the home can be very dangerous and even deadly, to you, your family, and your pets. It’s easy to forget about the necessary maintenance for your chimney, so schedule an appointment for an inspection today.
How Do I Know if I Need Chimney Cleaning Services?
It is usually recommended that you have your chimney inspected once a year, usually in the spring. A certified chimney sweep will inspect your chimney for damages, obstructions, soot, and creosote buildup. After your chimney has been thorough inspected, our CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified chimney sweep will let you know if you need your chimney cleaned and if any repairs are necessary. And, they are qualified to handle both of those things for you.
The chimney sweeps at Rusty’s Fire Place & Chimney are all CSIA Certified. The Chimney Safety Institute of America has set the standard for chimney sweeps for nearly 40 years, holding certified technicians to the highest standards. The CSIA created a standard set of safety standards that include in-depth learning about chimney and venting essentials, and other health and safety standards they must know. This is followed by a review and a test that they must pass. The CSIA is a non-profit organization that is governed by volunteer professionals from the industry as well as technical experts located all over the country. Their main focus is on public safety and advancing the industry.
When you hire a CSIA Certified chimney sweep from Rusty’s Fire Place & Chimney to come to your home in Leesburg, VA, you know that they’ll be knowledgeable, experienced, and able to advise on what you should do with your chimney or fireplace to keep your family and your home safe.
What Types of Fireplaces Require Chimney Cleaning Services?
There are a few different types of fireplaces out there, and the technicians at Rusty’s Fire Place & Chimney are certified to take care of all of them. These are some of the inspection and cleaning services we offer:
- Annual Chimney Inspection: At Rusty’s Fire Place & Chimney, we always start with a visual inspection. We inspect the chimney cap, chimney crown, flashing, and brickwork. We inspect the inside of both the chimney and the fireplace, which includes the smoke chamber, damper, firebox, lintel, hearth, and ash dump door. After each inspection and/or cleaning, we provide our findings to you in a written Evaluation Report before we leave your home.
- Pellet Stove Service: We sweep and inspect the chimney and the vent pipe, perform annual maintenance necessary for your stove type, clean the stove both inside and out, remove the firebox panels in order to access and remove fly ash buildup, and check all electrical parts for proper connection and function.
- Wood Stove Service: We sweep and inspect the chimney, perform any recommended annual maintenance for your stove, clean the stove both inside and out, touchup paint as needed, replace door gaskets as need, check that all electrical parts are operating properly, and check if the catalytic combustor (if equipped) is functioning properly. This type of service is only needed for wood stoves that are installed through a fireplace with a stainless-steel liner.
Contact Rusty’s Fire Place & Chimney for Chimney Sweeping Services
If you use any type of fireplace in your Leesburg, VA, home, it’s necessary to have the chimney inspected and cleaned. Don’t hesitate to contact the professional chimney sweeps at Rusty’s Fire Place & Chimney for an annual chimney inspection, chimney cleaning, and chimney maintenance. We ensure that all of our chimney sweeps earn and maintain their CSIA certification, which must be updated every three years, so you know that are up to date on all of the most recent findings in the industry. Rusty’s Fire Place & Chimney has been servicing Leesburg, VA, and the surround cities for over 25 years, so call us at 540-338-1266 today. We will have your fireplace and chimney clean and safe for your family this fall.